Hike the Moon Country trail past the McCallum Palm Oasis and up the switchbacks to the peak with panoramic views. Continue across the San Andreas fault ridge and down to Willis Palms Oasis.
- Trail Length: 6 miles
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 950’
- Difficulty Rating: Moderate - Advanced+
- Trail Type: One way with car shuttle
- Terrain: rocky, sandy areas, trail switchbacks climb to the top,
- 8:00 AM Meet at Palm Springs PetsMart, Ramon/Crossley Map Here
- or 8:20 AM at Coachella Valley Preserve parking lot Map Here
- Bring Ten Essentials (click here), water (2 to 3 liters recommended), lunch and snacks. Sun protection and layered clothing are recommended.
- Carry Emergency Contact Information (ICE).
- Sturdy hiking footwear with good tread and adequate drinking water are required.
+Hiking Requirements - you will need to be in good physical condition for this hike. Click here for more information.
- Please notify the hike leader if you cannot make a hike for which you have registered.
Registration for this event is limited to Great Outdoors members. To sign up as a member, click here . Non members may sign up for this hike 3 days before if space is available.
Contact Hike Leader: Scott Connelly, email click here
Carpooling is encouraged and may be available if offered by driver. You are responsible for arranging you own transportation or ride share. Arrive a few minutes early for briefing and carpooling. Departure is at 8 AM from PetsMart.
Photos: Click here.
Weather Policy: Inclement weather cancels
Health Problems/allergies: It is the responsibility of participants to carry on their person a record of significant allergies, medications and medical history in the event of a medical emergency. Discuss any medical concerns with the hike leader if you wish.